(Subject to Change)
- 11:00 am –Registration and Networking Open
- 11:30 – Buffet Lunch
- 12:00 pm – Welcome: Rebekah Morris, Publisher & Owner, AZBEX
- 12:05pm – The Risk Takers – Who’s going spec in the Valley – The recession nearly turned speculative development into a taboo topic, but the developers who do take risks are rewarded with high rental rates and most often occupancy prior to completion. This panel discussion will get to know who’s taking on that risk, where they see opportunity, and what the unique challenges are in bringing a spec project to market.
- 12:50pm – Quick Hit – What’s being developed in Mesa? Overview of major development projects and employment corridors in the City of Mesa – including Mesa-Gateway, the future ASU Mesa campus and the Elliot Road Tech Corridor.
- 1:00pm – Soup to Nuts – There are those developers or contractors that have nearly the entire spectrum of development, design, and construction services in house. This panel discussion will explore how that works, how they differ, and when and why they would ever use outside services.
- 1:45pm – Project Profile Quick Hit – Update from a developer on a major redevelopment project.
- 1:55pm – Getting to the ‘Go’ – The most common reason for development projects to be delayed or canceled is financing. This segment will explore the two sides of that coin – the equity side and the construction lending side. A developer will first describe how the equation works, then interview both an equity financier and a lending professional, drawing out what requirements each have, and, most importantly, how they decide whether to finance or not.
- 2:25pm – BREAK
- 2:45pm – The New Kids on the Block – Phoenix thrives with a good business environment, inviting new firms to operate here. Commercial real estate developers are looking at this market and entering with new projects. Hear from a panel of firms who are just starting to develop projects in the Valley, why they chose to enter the market, what they’re seeing, and what their plan is for future projects.
- 3:30pm – What’s being developed in Phoenix – City Economic Developer will take us on a tour of the City, updating us on major development corridors and rumored projects. Updates include the downtown Talking Stick Arena, Greyhound development site, Del Rio, Hance Park Redevelopment plan, and opportunities for development around the new L202 corridor.
- 3:50pm – Quick Hit – DreamPort Villages Update – Hear from the Civil Engineer the latest and greatest of developing a theme park and related developments in Casa Grande.
- 4:00pm – It’s Family Feud! Two brokerage houses square off about topics related to land development in the Valley. Styled after the popular game show, contestants try to win the topic by being quicker than their opponent. Each round revolves around a topic of land development. Attendees will hear from a range of opinions on the topic.
- 4:40pm – Closing Remarks – Grady Gammage has a way with words. His closing remarks will recap highlights and bring it all together in a way only he can.
- 4:45pm – Networking Happy Hour
- 6:00pm – Conclusion